THIS PAGE WAS LAST UPDATED 7/16/2021
WHAT'S OPEN? WHAT'S NOT? WHAT'S VIRTUAL?
- Aquatics Center is open by reservation! Please visit the Aquatics home page for more details!
- The Cardio and Strength Studios are currently open by reservation. Visit the Fitness Page to learn more.
- We have moved some of our group fitness classes outside and are offering online classes via zoom! Click here to see the group fitness class list.
- Early Childhood Education get details here!
- Kids’ University waitlist here!
- Senior Meal Delivery Program
- Basketball is open. Learn more here
- The Building is closed to visitors (except the fitness center and gym)
- Rentals are on pause until further notice, go to our rentals page for more info.
Health & Safety
L.A. County Public Health announced that effective Sunday, July 18, 2021—masking will be required while indoors, regardless of vaccination status. The AJCC’s Health & Safety Policy has consistently aligned with county, state, and CDC recommendations and mandates. To remain in compliance with this latest mandate, the AJCC will require masking for all indoor activities.
Masks are optional for adults while outdoors in our Group Fitness, Parking Lot, and Pool areas.
Transparency and consistent communication is essential to our process. Every agency and employer balances respect for the employee and member confidentiality and privacy. Staff, parents, and members will be promptly notified of any critical incidences, significant exposures, or need to quarantine. What will the procedure be if a student/member or staff tests positive? If there is a confirmed case of COVID-19 at the AJCC, management staff will follow the guidance from the local health department, CDC, and our Medical Advisory Team guidance.
We are unable to guarantee that your child or our members will not be exposed to Covid-19 or that the JCC is 100% safe. Given community-wide spread of the virus, exposure in any public or group setting is a distinct possibility. Our goal is to follow the recommendations of the CDC and local leaders to create protocols and procedures to minimize risk.
Each day families are required to fill out documentation prior to arrival. There are a series of questions that determine if a family can come into the center and school that day. The survey then gives the family a pass or fail. If the family does not pass, they are not admitted to school. Any student or family on quarantine would not be permitted to return until the completion of the quarantine period.
As soon as we are notified we ask that they remain home for 14 days.
People who have COVID – 19 symptoms are asked to isolate for 10 days. People who have been exposed to individuals who have tested positive for COVID – 19 are asked to quarantine for 14 days.
N95 use exceeds the ability of the AJCC’s training, capability, and resources. Not only are N95 masks recommended for healthcare workers who have direct, intensive care with known COVID-19 patients, these masks are in short supply. Use of N95 masks requires specialized training; they require a fit test on an (at least) annual basis. This device has limited availability, and is not currently recommended for school/preschool use.
Teachers in the same age group do have small windows of time that they cross over. Teachers who are in separate age groups do not cross over as each age group has their own entrance and exit from the center. The health and safety guidelines in place allow us to minimize risk of significant contact.
Anyone with immune compromise should consider a consultation with their own healthcare provider before attending AJCC programs.
Please keep us posted, and notify us promptly. This will help with our planning and tracking of potential exposures. All of us communicating as much as possible will help.
Making a Reservation
- Members must make a reservation via the My J app to reserve a spot for each class. Click here to see how to download, create an account, and reserve a lane. You can also access the reservation portal online here (a MY J account is still required).
- It’s important to reserve your space for a class 24 hours in advance so instructors know members will be there! The class will be canceled on the day of if no reservations have been made by 8:30 am. Thank you for your understanding.
- Be sure to check the notifications in the My J app daily for announcements and about the cancellation of any of our classes.
- Members are allowed to book 7 days in advance.
- Last minute bookings can be made the same day if available
You can access the MY J reservation portal to reserve Lap Swim, Group Fitness Classes, Aqua Aerobics, and Basketball Courts on their respective web pages. A MY J account and login is required. If it’s your first time making a reservation in MY J, follow the directives in making an account and logging in to access our Pool and Fitness Schedules. You can learn more about making a MY J account here.
For further assistance, please email email@example.com or call (562) 426-7601 x 1421
Yes, we are now open on the weekend. You can always find the most up to date building hours and program details for fitness in the MY J APP.
Fitness & Aquatics
Yes, The Fitness Center (Cardio and Strength Studios) is currently available to use by reservation. Please visit the fitness page of our website for the most up to date information!
Starting Memorial Day Monday, May 31st locker rooms and showers will be open!
WHAT'S HAPPENING WITH EVENTS
Out of an abundance of caution and concern for the health and well-being of our members and staff, we have decided to cancel all Adult and Fitness programs and services until further notice. Good news! Some programs and events are available online! Visit HERE to see our full calendar of events and programs!