J AMBASSADOR Program
The J Ambassador Program is designed to provide exceptional customer service to our members and visitors. Trained J Volunteer Ambassadors provide assistance to members by offering guidance or information fostering a hospitable and friendly environment and serving as an entry point to the Alpert Jewish Community Center and all of its’ services and programs.
Start the Process, Sign Up!
- Friendly, outgoing personality
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Ability to approach and communicate in English (bilingual a plus but not required) and comfortably articulate with a wide diversity of individuals
- Ability to interact with fellow volunteers and work in a team environment
- A willingness to learn about the Alpert Jewish Community Center and to be informed about current programs and offerings.
- Reliability – a minimum commitment of 4 hours per week
- Dedication – commit at least 6 months to the program after training
- Be committed to providing exceptional customer service
- Enthusiasm is a plus
- Attend a 1 hour comprehensive interview, orientation, and shadow shift until comfortable
- Volunteer 2-4 hours a week
- Be flexible and reliable
- 6 months commitment to serve as J Ambassador after training
Interested individuals may contact Gayle Ehrenberg, RSVP Director at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 562-426-7601 ext. 1013
- Respond to inquiry in a positive, professional manner
- Use the volunteer manual and program schedule to direct members and visitors appropriately and accurately
- Provide information on accessing services and navigating the building
- Be alert to AJCC changes; read updates before starting every shift.
- Project a warm, friendly, and hospitable impression of the Alpert Jewish Community Center
- Answer phone calls
- Special recognition/social functions with fellow volunteers
- The satisfaction that comes when helping others
- Enjoy a sense of purpose and fulfillment (helps support isolation and depression)
- Staying connected to your community
- Makes you smile ☺