Frequently Asked Questions
Here our some of the most frequently asked questions about our program in general. Please contact us if your questions is still not answered after reviewing this page. Contact Emily Gould at firstname.lastname@example.org
Two’s children 9:00 AM-1:00 PM
Preschool 9:00 AM – 1:00 PM
Pre K & Gan Hamaish 9:00 AM- 2:30 PM
Faculty 8:00 AM- 4:30 PM
- The entire facility will be deep cleaned and disinfected prior to opening.
- Custodial staff will disinfect ECE classrooms once children have left for the day. Including restrooms doors and surfaces, push bars, and door handles on the inside and outside of the 2 playground entrances.
- Staff will be trained on specific protocols and expected to disinfect classroom toys, eating surfaces, playground door handles, cots, cars, and large toys, balls, or smaller items.
- Drop off will occur in parking lot
- Rachel & Emily will review health survey completion
- Rachel & Emily will take temperatures
- Parent will type in PIN to check in child
- Parent will unbuckle child and place them in the designated space w/ lunch
- Rachel & Emily will move child to EZ-ups with waiting staff member
- Access to the ECE participants will be restricted to the ECE Faculty.
- Parents will not be allowed to enter the building; ECE staff will meet the children outside and will bring the students to the classroom where the teachers will meet them at the door.
- When weather permits, the playground areas are open for use with the following guidelines
- Only one classroom on a playground or lawn at a time
- The playground will be disinfected between each use
- The playground will be accessed from classroom doors only
- The drinking fountain will remain closed and should not be used
- Students and teachers will wash their hands as soon as they re-enter the classroom
- Use of the Art Pavilion will be limited to one classroom at a time with time between classes to allow for disinfecting
- All lunches should be in a lunch box marked with your child’s name
- Snacks will need to be provided from home
- Children should have their own labeled water bottle
- If there is a confirmed case of COVID-19 at the JCC, staff leadership will follow the guidance from the Health Department that includes protocols for closing, investigating, cleaning and reopening
- The JCC will communicate quickly and transparently
- ECE will operate under the adjusted hours and limited enrollment until further notice.
- ECE classrooms will be divided by twos, preschool, and PreK & Gan Hamaish age child care classrooms will be divided according to the number of registrations we receive and we will be diving groups appropriately.
- Your child may be placed in a classroom that is different from the one prior to the closure, but will be placed in an age-appropriate classroom; class lists will be sent in advance on the first day of school.
- At this point, the pool will not be open. While we do not have a timeline for opening the pool, we will keep you informed as to when ECE swim lessons will resume.
- For now, parents will not be permitted to enter the building. JCC staff will escort the children from their parents to their classrooms. More information to come including specific instructions.
- We are unable to guarantee that your child will not be exposed to Covid-19 or other illnesses. We are following the recommendations of the CDC and local leaders to create protocols and procedures to minimize risk.
- It is recommended that your child stays at home until consultation with your pediatrician.
- If there is a confirmed case of COVID-19 at the JCC, leadership staff will follow the guidance from the Health Department that includes protocols for closing, investigating, cleaning, and reopening.
- No. The ECE core curriculum is filled with enriching activities for your children. Additional enrichment programming is canceled to keep the number of people interacting to a minimum. When we begin to offer these programs, we will communicate that to you.
- Prior to the first day, all staff will receive extensive training on the new protocols and procedures that we are implementing.
- The CDC is currently reviewing the best policies related to the use of masks by children; we will provide guidance before the program begins
- All adults will be required to wear a mask; in common workspaces
- Fall enrollment is completely unknown at this time. Priority registration will be given to families who are currently enrolled in our summer program.
- We cannot guarantee that social distancing will be followed with this age group, but we will be working with our children to learn about personal space and boundaries. We will limit intermingling between the classrooms to emphasize social distancing and minimize the number of people your children are exposed to.
The Pre K children that are moving into the summer Gan Hamaish group will remain with their same friends & teachers for that whole period of time. However, they will not be with their teacher from March.
Yes, children in the 9-2:30 group will have the option to rest. Children will finish up lunch and transition onto their cots around 12:30 during the summer. We will have to be creative and work with families as children wake up from a nap.
For children 3 and older groups sizes are capped at 10 for now. For children 2-3 our program has made the decision to cap group sizes at 5 for now. There has been no direction from the government officials at this time that, that number will change over the course of summer. That said things change day to day.
We of course want children and families to be the most comfortable! We do know that it takes small children up to a month to settle into their new “normal” . Our staff will work in partnership with your family and child to welcome your child back with all the love and support we can. If your family is truly feeling like being back at school too soon will work with families and a case by case basis to withdraw from the program.
We will not make any decisions about classroom placement until we have a completed registration form for your child(ren). Our process for placing children is in partnership with their previous teacher. Your child(ren) teacher from PRE COVID will weigh in on what classroom and peer group they see to be the best fit for your child(ren) in the next school year.
When your family’s application has been processed, you will receive a letter with all the details about classroom placement and ZOOM meeting with your new teacher.
No, every age group will have their own entrance and exit from the ECE. All children will enter and exit through the front door of the J.
Twos– Promenade & Lobby
Preschool – Promenade & Playground entrance to their direct classrooms
Pre K – Promenade & hallway entrance to room 11 & 12
Gan Hamaish- Promenade, Auditorium & direct entrance to room 13