We Are Here To Help!
Since the Long Beach School District announced their reopening via online platforms plans, AJCC-ECE understands the need to support parents in our community during these difficult times. Starting August 31st, 2020, we are starting an extended Gan Hamaish Program!
What will Gan Hamaish children be learning during the school year?
The children in this program will be instructed by Ms. Starr. Ms. Starr is a CA credentialed teacher and will teach to the CA Kindergarten state standards while implementing children’s interests in topics. If you are not familiar with the CA standards you can find those standards here; English & Language Arts & Common Core Kinder Math
Things to Know:
Pricing: (Our contract is 10 months with an option to buy out at any time with a one-month penalty fee.)
5 Day: $1,252/month
3 Day : $910/month
- Start Date: August 31st
- Time: Monday-Friday, 9:00 AM-2:30 PM.
- For students who are 5 years old by September 1st.
- Available ONLY to active JCC Members
- The capacity for this classroom is 15 to ensure physical distancing. 15 is a larger number than the other groups as we are holding this classroom in the auditorium & have more space to spread children out safely.
- There will be a 15 students/2 staff member
- This program is opening under our childcare license. This license allows for children to remain in our care until the day they enter into first grade
- We will be continuing what we have in place with an age-appropriate curriculum for the children in that age group.
- At this time, we will not be offering before or aftercare. We will be using the time before and after programming for room prep as well as additional cleaning and staff health screening.
Health & Safety Regulations for Gan Hamaish:
- The entire building, including the ECE, has been thoroughly cleaned. We’ve sanitized classrooms and common areas and on most surfaces, we’ve used a bleach solution, as directed by the CDC. Frequently touched surfaces like door handles, faucets, telephones, light switches, and keypads will be disinfected several times a day.
- Staff and children will practice social distancing and remain in their designated classroom.
- Staff and children will NOT be required to wear masks in the building throughout the day.
- We will be conducting daily wellness checks for our staff & children. During drop off, an administrator will conduct a daily health check and take your child’s temperature. If your child’s temperature is 100.4 or above, your child will need to stay home until they are 72 hours fever-free without medication. If s/he is exhibiting any symptoms of viral infection including cough, sore throat, trouble breathing, or looks ill, s/he will not be admitted. If symptoms present during the day, you will need to pick him/her up within ½ hour. If anyone in your household is under quarantine, keep your child at home.
- Due to regulations, we will not be having large gatherings, field trips, or special visitors.
- The staff will be vigilant about handwashing and will remind children to wash their hands before and after every activity. These procedures are already part of our daily routine, but we will provide additional reminders to everyone.
Application and Registration Process:
The first step in registration is to submit an application for enrollment.
Applications will be given priority based on the following tiers:
- Current ECE students
- Current AJCC Members
- General Public (must become an AJCC member)
If your membership is on hold and you would like to make it active before applications are reviewed, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can submit your application below.
For any questions, please contact email@example.com
Thank you and we hope to see you the ECE