We are proud to announce that on January 18, 2020, Martin Luther King Day, the Alpert Jewish Community Center, in partnership with Retired and Senior Volunteer Program(RSVP), Jewish Family and Children’s Service(JFCS), and JCC Cares we will be hosting a Non-Perishable Food Drive commemorating MLK Day of Service. Feeding communities throughout the Greater Long Beach area, especially during Covid-19, offers each one of us the opportunity to make a difference in someone’s life.
Here is a list of in-demand items:
- Canned Vegetables, Beans and Fruits
- Canned Fish and Meat: Tuna, Chicken, etc.
- Household Items: Paper Products, Personal Hygiene, Cleaning Supplies, Baby Supplies, Laundry Supplies)
- Cereal and Breakfast Foods
- Peanut Butter
- Boxed and Canned Meals: Soup, Mac & Cheese, Hamburger Helper,
- Powdered, Canned or Shelf-Stable Milk
- Juice … shelf-stable plastic bottles or juice boxes
All donations may be dropped off in boxes provided near the Health Screen area between the hours of 8:00am – 5:00pm at the AJCC.
Thank you for joining the fight against hunger in Long Beach.
Gayle Ehrenberg, RSVP Director, email@example.com, 562-506-2801 or 562-426-7601 ext 1013