SUN | SEP 12 | 9 AM – 1 PM
MON/TUES | SEP 13-14 | 10 AM – 1 PM
TEMPLE ISRAEL LONG BEACH
269 LOMA AVE
LONG BEACH, CA 90803
We invite you, along with our local Jewish community, to join forces in partnership with Temple Israel, Alpert Jewish Community Center JCC Cares, Jewish Family & Children’s Services (JFCS), and National Council of Jewish Women (NCJW) as we host a community-wide Food Drive. Feeding communities throughout the Greater Long Beach area and Orange County, especially during COVID-19, offers each one of us the opportunity to make a difference in someone’s life.
Food collection will be distributed to:
- JFCS food pantry
- Long Beach Center for Economic Inclusion’s Food Support Network (serving the 9 food pantries in Long Beach’s most underserved communities)
- OC organizations
These organizations serve a wide variety of families living below the poverty line, college students, shut-ins, people living with disabilities, veterans, minority mothers, and people experiencing homelessness.
Here is a list of in-demand items:
- Canned vegetables, beans, fruits
- Canned fish & meat: chicken, tuna, etc
- Cereal and breakfast foods
- Peanut butter
- Boxed or canned instant meals: soup, mac & cheese, Hamburger Helper, etc
- Powdered, canned, or shelf-stable milk (almond, soy, evaporated, etc)
- Shelf-stable juice
- Baby formula/food
- Grab & Go snacks: granola bars, nuts, protein bars, etc
Volunteers needed for 2 hour shifts on Sunday, Monday & Tuesday.
For questions, more information, or volunteer interest, please contact Gayle Ehrenberg at (562) 426-7601 ext. 1013 or firstname.lastname@example.org