The Fitness Center ( Cardio and Strength Studio) is currently closed due to a government mandate. We will continue to monitor the situation, as soon as we are able to reopen we will be sure to let you know.
We have moved some of our group fitness classes outside and have virtual classes on ZOOM, please visit the Group Fitness page to learn more. Personal Training is back in session. Click here to learn more.
READY, SET, FIT!
No matter how you want to get in shape, the Alpert JCC can help you reach your fitness goals. Now more than ever, it’s important we create a safe space for you to reach your fitness goals. We have a state-of-the-art fitness club and offer a wide range of virtual and in-person group fitness classes. Our instructors are specially trained to work with the community’s senior population, and our team of personal trainers can help with functional training and rehabilitative movements for athletes young and old.
Learn more about our current fitness programs and rules and regulations to keep our members and staff safe during these unpredictable times.
- All in-person group fitness classes are held outside in the parking lot area in order to follow physical distancing regulations.
- Classes are held Monday through Friday. See the schedule for details.
- Locker rooms are open for toilet use only. The showers and lockers are closed.
HEALTH & SAFETY GUIDELINES
- For the safety of our members and staff, it’s required to wear a cloth face covering during all outdoor fitness classes.
- Every member and non-member MUST complete the Health Check Questionnaire before coming to the J in an effort to speed up the check-in process. Once you complete the questionnaire, you will receive a confirmation email with a pass or no pass, depending on your answers. Please add email@example.com to your email contact list to avoid your confirmation email being sent to your junk mail. Once you get to the J, just show us your email, we’ll take your temperature, and we’ll give you the Health Check Sticker!
- Please continue to arrive 10 minutes in advance of your reserved time in order to go through this process.
MAKE AN IN-PERSON FITNESS CLASS RESERVATION
- Members must make a reservation via the My J app to reserve a spot for each class.
- It’s important to reserve your space for a class 24 hours in advance so instructors know members will be there! The class will be canceled on the day of if no reservations have been made by 8:30 am. Thank you for your understanding.
- Be sure to check the notifications in the My J app daily for announcements and about the cancellation of any of our classes.
- Members are allowed to book 7 days in advance.
- Last-minute bookings can be made the same day if available
- Cancellations must be made 8 hours prior to reservation time via the My J app. If canceling within the 8 hrs, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and note on the subject line: Canceling a Reservation.
- Please note, that if you have more than 3 no shows without cancellation, we will limit the number of reservations you can make and you will no longer be allowed to reserve 7 days in advance.
NEW Fitness Studios!
We have moved our fitness equipment to two locations in order to maximize physical distancing, and our two fitness studios are now open. Our Cardio Studio will now be located upstairs, and our strength studio will be located in the gymnasium on the ground floor.
Cardio Studio – You will find our treadmills, ellipticals, ascent trainers, steppers, upright bikes, recumbent bikes, and our new step.
Strength Studio – You will find our upper body and lower body machines, functional trainers, cross cables, smith press, Olympic bench, arm curl, and free weights.
Keep reading to find out how to make a reservation!
Fitness Center Information
We are thrilled to be back open and continue to help you achieve your health goals. For the health and safety of our members and staff, we have set up a reservation system to ensure we follow social distancing guidelines and protocols.
Please be sure to fill out the health check questionnaire before coming to the facility. Having the health check questionnaire done will allow you to enter the building faster! Click here to access the health check questionnaire.
We have divided our Fitness Center into two parts. The Cardio Studio and the Strength Training Studio. You will need to make a separate reservation for each studio, even though you visit them the same day. Thank you for your cooperation!
You can make a reservation for the Cardio or Strength Studio through our new My J app. Click HERE to view how to download, create an account, and make a reservation.
If you don’t have access to the app, please email Elsie Bennett at email@example.com to get help.
Fitness Center Hours
- Mon – Thurs: 5:30 am – 9 pm
- Friday: 5:30 am – 6 pm
- Sat & Sun: 7 am – 6 pm
- Mon – Thurs: 5:30 am – 8 pm
- Friday: 5:30 am – 5:30 pm
- Sat – Sun: 7 am – 5:30 pm
- Monday–Thursday 5:30am–8:00pm
- Friday 5:30am–5:30pm
- Saturday–Sunday 7:00am–5:30pm
SIGNING IN FOR CLASSES
- Sign in for group fitness classes at the Member Relations Courtesy Desk, and pick up your ticket to take to the instructor to enter class.
- To minimize disruptions and for everyone’s safety, please arrive on time as there will be no entry permitted to the classroom 10 minutes after scheduled class start time.
QUESTIONS ABOUT CLASSES?
- Stop by the Member Relations Courtesy Desk, or, for more detailed information, contact Elsie Bennett, Fitness Director at ext. 1035 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.