Beginning May 1st, you will no longer be able to access virtual class links without a MY J APP account. Reservations are required to use our fitness studios, lap swim, and ALL group exercise classes. Getting set up is easy! All you need is the email and password associated with your Alpert JCC membership account.
NOT A MEMBER? NO PROBLEM.
You can still get access to some free weekly classes and have the option to purchase 1 class at a time or save with a 12 pack.
HOW CAN I MAKE A RESERVATION?
Reservations are required to use our fitness studios, lap swim, and group exercise classes until further notice. All you need is the email and password associated with your Alpert JCC membership account and you are ready to login and reserve your time!
- To manage your reservations, you can download the app on your smartphone HERE or reserve from your desktop!
- If you need help with your login or downloading and using the MY J App, you can find a list of instructions on our website HERE.
- If you do not have a smartphone but would like to reserve a spot, email firstname.lastname@example.org
- For Fitness Questions email email@example.com
- For all other questions call (562) 426-7601 x 1051
WHAT ARE THE NEW FITNESS STUDIOS?
Cardio Studio – You will find our treadmills, ellipticals, ascent trainers, steppers, upright bikes, recumbent bikes, and our new step.
Strength Studio – You will find our upper body and lower body machines, functional trainers, cross cables, smith press, Olympic bench, arm curl, and free weights.
* The fitness center and the fitness center classes are for ages 13yrs and over. There is a mandatory orientation for ages 13-17yrs that MUST be completed prior to using our fitness center and fitness classes.
- Cancellations: Cancelling within 24hrs of the day of your training session, guarantees that you will receive a make-up lesson placed in your file to be scheduled by you at your earliest convenience.
- Make-Up Training Sessions: Make-up sessions will expire within 30 days. Make-up sessions must be scheduled in advance, within the current month. We do not reschedule, previously scheduled make-up sessions.
- Late Arrival: If you arrive late for your session, we will do our best to give you the full session time; however, we can only guarantee the remaining time of your scheduled session.
HEALTH & SAFETY GUIDELINES
- ADULTS are no longer required to complete a Health Check Form before visiting the J.
- Masks are now optional while OUTDOORS.
- Masks are still required while INDOORS.
- * The fitness center and the fitness center classes are for ages 13yrs and over. There is a mandatory orientation for ages 13-17yrs that MUST be completed prior to using our fitness center and fitness classes.
- During outdoor Personal Training, masks are not required but encouraged when under 6ft away.
- When outdoors, masks are up to the discretion of the participant.
- Every member and non-member MUST check-in for your reservation at the Health Check Table. All members and non-members will be asked to self-screen prior to coming to the AJCC and can refer to our health check HERE for the right questions to ask yourself.
- Members who have back-to-back reservations in either the same or multiple studios must leave the studio during the 15-minute break each hour.
- Starting Saturday, May 29th, locker rooms and showers will be open for day use. Towel service will not be available
Fitness Center Information
Fitness Center Hours
- Mon – Thurs: 5:30 am – 9 pm
- Friday: 5:30 am – 6 pm
- Sat & Sun: 7 am – 6 pm
- Mon – Thurs: 5:30 am – 8 pm
- Friday: 5:30 am – 5:30 pm
- Sat – Sun: 7 am – 5:30 pm
- Monday–Thursday 5:30am–8:00pm
- Friday 5:30am–5:30pm
- Saturday–Sunday 7:00am–5:30pm
SIGNING IN FOR CLASSES
- Sign in for group fitness classes at the Member Relations Courtesy Desk, and pick up your ticket to take to the instructor to enter class.
- To minimize disruptions and for everyone’s safety, please arrive on time as there will be no entry permitted to the classroom 10 minutes after scheduled class start time.
QUESTIONS ABOUT CLASSES?
- Stop by the Member Relations Courtesy Desk, or, for more detailed information, contact Elsie Bennett, Fitness Director at ext. 1035 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
No matter how you want to get in shape, the Alpert JCC can help you reach your fitness goals. Now more than ever, it’s important we create a safe space for you to reach your fitness goals. We have a state-of-the-art fitness club and offer a wide range of virtual and in-person group fitness classes. Our instructors are specially trained to work with the community’s senior population, and our team of personal trainers can help with functional training and rehabilitative movements for athletes young and old.
Learn more about our current fitness programs and rules and regulations to keep our members and staff safe during these unpredictable times.