WE ARE OPEN!
Are you ready to start working out again? We have good news! We’re reopening our indoor cardio and weight studios, by reservation, on Thursday, March 18th at 8 am. Thank you for your patience, loyalty, and support while waiting for this to happen! You have been missed and we are looking forward to welcoming you back in person.
Our fitness equipment is located in two separate areas in order to maximize physical distancing. Our Cardio Studio is located UPSTAIRS, and our Strength Studio is located DOWNSTAIRS in Gymnasium 2 on the ground floor.
HOW CAN I MAKE A RESERVATION?
- Reservations are required to use our fitness studios, lap swim, and group exercise classes until further notice. You can make a reservation on your My J app. You can download the app on your smartphone HERE.
- If you need help downloading and using the MY J App you can find a list of instructions on our website HERE. The reservation system is only through the app on smartphones. You will not be able to make reservations through our website.
- If you do not have a smartphone but would like to make a reservation please use the following email and phone number.
WHAT ARE THE NEW FITNESS STUDIOS?
Cardio Studio – You will find our treadmills, ellipticals, ascent trainers, steppers, upright bikes, recumbent bikes, and our new step.
Strength Studio – You will find our upper body and lower body machines, functional trainers, cross cables, smith press, Olympic bench, arm curl, and free weights.
* The fitness center and the fitness center classes are for ages 13yrs and over. There is a mandatory orientation for ages 13-17yrs that MUST be completed prior to using our fitness center and fitness classes.
Due to regulations by the city of Long Beach Health Department, a mask is required to use cardio and strength studios.
To speed health checks before entering the building, please use our online health check questionnaire. You can access the Health Check Questionnaire link here!
Every person who enters will have their temperatures taken. If you do not pass the screening questions, or have a temperature over 100.4, you will not be allowed to enter the facility. Once you get to the J, just show us your email and we’ll just need to take your temperature and give you the Health Check Sticker!
Please continue to arrive 10 minutes in advance of your reserved time in order to get your health check and sign a waiver (one time only). You will be allowed to get into the building 5 minutes before your reservation time.
IMPORTANT THINGS TO REMEMBER:
- Please make sure your membership is active. To re-activate your membership. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org
- As a reminder, the pool is open MON – FRI, 6 AM -7:45 PM, and 9 AM – 1 PM on the weekends.
- The pool is only open for lap swim with a reservation at this time. Family Time and Swim Lessons will resume in the spring. Please visit the aquatics page on our website for more information.
- Cardio and Weight Studio reservations are available between 8 AM and 5 PM on weekdays only.
- Personal training is available by reservation. Please email Elsie Bennett at email@example.com to sign up.
- Our basketball courts will be open only for workouts (not for playing basketball) based on Long Beach City health orders.
- Our Virtual fitness classes are still taking place. You can find the schedule here
- Please arrive at the AJCC dressed in workout attire, as access to locker rooms will be limited and showers continue to be closed based on Long Beach City Health Orders.
- Long Beach rules require that everyone on the AJCC property wear face masks that cover the nose and mouth at all times, including while exercising (other than when swimming). We appreciate your cooperation with this directive because by law we cannot allow entry by anyone who’s not wearing a face-covering in compliance with state and local orders.
- The availability and capacity of group exercise classes will be limited to allow for physical distancing and additional cleaning between classes.
- We’ve placed hand sanitizer at the entry to the AJCC, and more hand sanitizing stations are available throughout the facility. Please sanitize upon arrival and during your visit.
- Please also remember to disinfect exercise equipment with provided disinfectant and paper towels before and after use.
- Please bring your own towel, mat, and water.
- All staff has been trained to clean and disinfect.
- Employees will also be screened and will wear masks, and over 80% of our staff have been vaccinated.
Please remember, as we move forward, we will continue to adhere to the guidance provided by federal, state, and local authorities in order to do our best to ensure our members’ and students’ safety. Our plans require adjustments from time to time as the situation changes. Thank you for your cooperation and flexibility. For any questions or concerns, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Cancellations must be made 8 hours prior to reservation time via the My J app. If canceling within the 8 hrs, please email email@example.com and note on the subject line: Canceling a Reservation.
- Please note, that if you have more than 3 no shows without cancellation, we will limit the number of reservations you can make and you will no longer be allowed to reserve 7 days in advance.
Fitness Center Information
Fitness Center Hours
- Mon – Thurs: 5:30 am – 9 pm
- Friday: 5:30 am – 6 pm
- Sat & Sun: 7 am – 6 pm
- Mon – Thurs: 5:30 am – 8 pm
- Friday: 5:30 am – 5:30 pm
- Sat – Sun: 7 am – 5:30 pm
- Monday–Thursday 5:30am–8:00pm
- Friday 5:30am–5:30pm
- Saturday–Sunday 7:00am–5:30pm
SIGNING IN FOR CLASSES
- Sign in for group fitness classes at the Member Relations Courtesy Desk, and pick up your ticket to take to the instructor to enter class.
- To minimize disruptions and for everyone’s safety, please arrive on time as there will be no entry permitted to the classroom 10 minutes after scheduled class start time.
QUESTIONS ABOUT CLASSES?
- Stop by the Member Relations Courtesy Desk, or, for more detailed information, contact Elsie Bennett, Fitness Director at ext. 1035 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
No matter how you want to get in shape, the Alpert JCC can help you reach your fitness goals. Now more than ever, it’s important we create a safe space for you to reach your fitness goals. We have a state-of-the-art fitness club and offer a wide range of virtual and in-person group fitness classes. Our instructors are specially trained to work with the community’s senior population, and our team of personal trainers can help with functional training and rehabilitative movements for athletes young and old.
Learn more about our current fitness programs and rules and regulations to keep our members and staff safe during these unpredictable times.