MANY WAYS TO SERVE YOUR COMMUNITY
SENIOR MEAL DELIVERY PROGRAM
Before COVID-19, our popular Senior Wednesday Lunches provided the opportunity for seniors in our community to eat a healthy, well-balanced meal, and a time to socialize and be part of a group. When COVID-19 hit, we had to close our doors and stop all programming, including our Senior Wednesday Lunch program. We felt it was important to keep this service going through the pandemic and decided to bring the meals to our senior adult community directly to their homes!
If you have any questions, please contact Gayle Ehrenberg, Volunteer Relations Director.
VOLUNTEER FOR YOUR COMMUNITY WITH JCC CARES
JCC Cares provides opportunities for the Alpert Jewish Community Center to participate in Tikun Olam (repair the world) through volunteer experiences that contribute to the well-being of the greater Long Beach area and beyond.
The J Ambassador Program is designed to provide exceptional customer service to our members and visitors. Trained J Volunteer Ambassadors provide assistance to members by offering guidance or information fostering a hospitable and friendly environment and serving as an entry point to the Alpert Jewish Community Center and Jewish Long Beach and all of its’ services and programs.
- Friendly, outgoing personality
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Ability to approach and communicate in English (bilingual a plus but not required) and comfortably articulate with a wide diversity of individuals
- Ability to interact with fellow volunteers and work in a team environment
- A willingness to learn about the Alpert Jewish Community Center and Jewish Long Beach to be informed about current programs and offerings.
- Reliability and dedication.
- Be committed to providing exceptional customer service
- Enthusiasm is a plus
- Attend a 1 hour comprehensive interview, orientation, and shadow shift until comfortable
- Volunteer 2-4 hours a week
- Be flexible and reliable
Interested individuals may contact Gayle Ehrenberg, Volunteer Relations Director, at email@example.com or call 562-426-7601 ext. 1013
- Respond to inquiry in a positive, professional manner
- Use the volunteer manual and program schedule to direct members and visitors appropriately and accurately
- Provide information on accessing services and navigating the building
- Be alert to AJCC changes; read updates before starting every shift.
- Project a warm, friendly, and hospitable impression of the Alpert Jewish Community Center
- Answer phone calls
- The satisfaction that comes when helping others
- Enjoy a sense of purpose and fulfillment (helps support isolation and depression)
- Staying connected to your community
- Makes you smile ☺
START THE PROCESS, SIGN UP!
For more information about Volunteering at the J contact Gayle Ehrenberg at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 562-426-7601 ext. 1013