We Are Here To Help!
Since the Long Beach School District announced their reopening via online platforms plans, Kids’ University understands the need to support parents in our community during these difficult times. Starting September 1, 2020, we are starting Kids’ University All Day Program!
What is Kids’ University All Day?
Kids’ University All Day is a clean, safe, and supervised place to drop off your children every morning to attend their online school, complete their schoolwork, and engage in fun activities the AJCC has to offer.
Our billing will be month to month
Things to Know:
- Start Date: September 1st
- Time: Monday-Friday, 7:30 AM-3:00 PM. Dropoff will be at 7:30 AM, and pickup will be at 3:00 PM.
- For students in grades Kindergarten – 5th.
- Available to Members and Non-Members
- Each student will be asked to bring in their own laptop and headset with a microphone for their online school. If your child does not have access to a laptop, we can provide a desktop for them.
- The capacity for our program is limited to 30 children per month to ensure physical distancing.
- There will be a 10 students/2 staff member ratio in order to help kids get online, stay focused on learning, supervise during their schoolwork time, and answer occasional content questions.
- Based on each child’s online school schedule, we will integrate school work, lunch, and extracurricular activity time.
- Our program will run from 7:30 AM until 3:00 PM. At this time, we will not be offering before or aftercare. We will be using the time before and after programming for room prep as well as additional cleaning and staff health screening.
Health & Safety Regulations for Kids’ University All Day:
- The entire building, including the youth department, has been thoroughly cleaned. We’ve sanitized classrooms and common areas and on most surfaces, we’ve used a bleach solution, as directed by the CDC. Frequently touched surfaces like door handles, faucets, telephones, light switches, and keypads will be disinfected several times a day.
- Our staff will participate in professional development training which includes protocols to address the ‘new normal’ of our program.
- Staff and children will practice social distancing and remain in their designated groups. Groups will have a “homeroom” in which they will do most of their activities, as to not break the bubble. Children will eat lunch in their own “homeroom”, and ALL food and snacks will be provided from home.
- Staff and children will be required to wear masks in the building throughout the day. When proper social distancing cannot be achieved during outside physical activity, everybody will still be required to wear a mask. However, during outside physical activities where social distancing can properly occur, masks will not be required.
- In an effort to minimize people in the building, parents will drop their children off at the parking lot. Parents will not be permitted into the JCC. A member of our JCC Administration team will greet you and your child(ren) at the car. Please remain in your car until your child’s health check has been completed. An administrator or teacher will escort your child to their “homeroom” and return him/her to you at the end of the day with all belongings.
- We will be conducting daily wellness checks for our staff & children. During drop off, an administrator will conduct a daily health check and take your child’s temperature. If your child’s temperature is 100.4 or above, your child will need to stay home until they are 72 hours fever-free without medication. If s/he is exhibiting any symptoms of viral infection including cough, sore throat, trouble breathing, or looks ill, s/he will not be admitted. If symptoms present during the day, you will need to pick him/her up within ½ hour. If anyone in your household is under quarantine, keep your child at home.
- Toys and equipment that are not easily disinfected will be removed from the classrooms. A limited number of toys and manipulatives will be out for the children’s use at a time, allowing for sanitizing throughout the day.
- Due to regulations, we will not be having large gatherings, field trips, or special visitors.
- The staff will be vigilant about handwashing and will remind children to wash their hands before and after every activity. These procedures are already part of our daily routine, but we will provide additional reminders to everyone.
- Water fountains will be for water bottle filling only.
- A “no share” policy will be strictly enforced.
- Children will be appropriately spaced according to CDC and State guidelines. Social distancing will be implemented with tape and markers.
Application and Registration Process:
The first step in registration is to submit an application for enrollment.
Applications will be given priority based on the following tiers:
- Current and previous KU, Camp, and ECE families who are members will receive the highest priority for registration. In the event capacity is reached solely on this tier, priority will be given based on the AJCC Membership date.
- Current and previous KU, Camp, and ECE families who are non-members will receive secondary priority for registration.
- General public will receive tertiary priority for registration.
If your membership is on hold and you would like to make it active before applications are reviewed, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can submit your application below. Applications will start being reviewed on Monday, August 10th.
For any questions, please contact email@example.com
Thank you and we hope to see you at Kids’ University All Day!